New to Blogging...

Hello all! I was inspired by all the creative crafters & gardeners out there to begin my own blog.





Saturday, July 10, 2010

My first post and Final day of Cherry Festival....


My very first post! Exciting! I feel kinda embarrassed. Not sure why???

This morning my son and I woke very early and left our home around 6:40 am. I know that may not seem early to some, but for us on a Saturday.... Too early! We drove into town for our 2ND annual Cherry Festival 5K. The office I work for does this as a group. We have a shirt specially made up for our office employee's. We all match and do a little advertising at the same time. Some run, some walk & we even had a girl run the 15K! Good for her! I am not in running shape, let alone even walking shape. My son and I were the last of our group to finish. Not upset though. I am really not a competitive person when it comes to races. For me it was a leisurely morning stroll. The route takes you through the downtown homes on Washington Street. Gorgeous! We saw some spectacular gardens!

At the finish line my son and I had the breakfast of champions. It consisted of a cookie and a Mountain Dew. They were free at the end. My son new it was a special occasion and a once a year opportunity to have a Mountain Dew at 9 o'clock in the morning! He never asked for the Mountain Dew, but when I looked at him and asked," would you like a Mountain Dew?" His response was immediately "Can I?" As if it were a trick question, or I had already changed my mind. A random moment of happiness in a 10-year-old boys life. I think I made his day.

When we arrived home my husband and I went out to run a few errands. Lowes and Menards. Lowes had some perennials marked down to five dollars. They need a little love, but I know I can nurse them back to good health. I bought one called Little Lantern Ligularia. It says it is a shade plant. I will try it and see. At Menards they had some shrubs for $5.88 and they were buy one get one free! I bought a Wine & Roses Wigalia and one called Snow Fairy Caryopteris. I have not seen a Snow Fairy Caryopteris. I will be googling images to see what the mature shrub looks like. I could not pass it up for the price. My husband gave me a look and I told him that I had found some new friends!




On our way home we encountered an amazing sight! A large boat/yacht had fallen off of its trailer! It was stranded in the middle of a busy intersection. It looked as if it had been out floating along and the water disappeared. It just washed up there like a piece of driftwood or some kind of magic trick took place. Nobody was hurt, except for the owners pride!

We will head down to the festival fireworks tonight. It is a much better show than the fourths fireworks. I believe the Cherry Festival budget is much larger. All of the locals and fudgies will converge together as one on the beach for a finale of noise, color and summer memories.

Well this is probably a bit lenghty, but like I said this is my first post. Lots of room for improvment...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Allie,
    Welcome to blogging! I am staying out of where plants are being sold at this point because I spent too much money on them this spring and summer. Also, I am determined to get some cleaning done in my house this summer.

    Enjoy your new purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allie - Welcome to the blogging world! You'll be addicted before you know it ;-) Your first post was great and not too long at all. I felt weird when I first started blogging a few months ago too - like I was exposing myself to the world, but you get over that fast. By joining in Bloomin Tuesday and other hosted events, you'll meet lots of new people - it's great Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete