New to Blogging...

Hello all! I was inspired by all the creative crafters & gardeners out there to begin my own blog.





Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday... Sunday...





Sunday. This means tomorrow is Monday and I will be going to work. Fortunately I feel much was accomplished.

My husband is building a shed in the back yard. He has the philosophy of "go big or go home" when it comes to building things.The shed is being placed where a a garden once was. Sounds kind of sad, but actually is quite exciting! It will be very cute, and I will make new gardens to surround the shed.

Last weekend I finished moving plants from the area and my husband started the base of the shed. This weekend he built the floor. When the floor was finished it soon became a dance floor and then my stage. I was a rock star! I was Katy Perry singing California Gurls (my fav summer song right now)into my purple microphone. Actually my new purple watering wand... My imagination took over for a New York minute! Back to reality.

This morning I could not sleep. I was so bummed! I love to sleep in on the weekends. Oh, well. I was outside in the yard before 8 am. I found homes for the plants I purchased last weekend and into the ground they went. It was a perfect morning to do so. Overcast, and an hour later it started raining. The rain continued to be the trend for the afternoon.

Snow Fairy Caryopteris

Wine & Roses Wigalia

Little Lantern Ligularia


We also fit in a couple of movies this weekend. Last night we watched The Road. Very dark and depressing, but all in all a good movie. Not an uplifting movie. During the rain this afternoon my daughter and I watched Sunshine Cleaning. Loved it.

It is a very HUMID day here in Northern Michigan. Yuck! Not sure when it is supposed to let up. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment